Sponsored by the Hawkeye on Safety Planning Committee
Submission Deadline: July 15, 2023
Presented at the 9th Annual Hawkeye on Safety Conference on Thursday, September 7, 2023.
Successful workplace safety is the commitment and willingness of every individual to pursue a safe, healthful and environmentally sound work place. The Hawkeye on Safety conference committee annually recognizes an individual who is dedicated to making their workplace safer. Winners will receive a plaque and recognition at the 10th Annual Hawkeye on Safety Conference in Coralville, Iowa. Additionally, they will be given an opportunity at the conference to present the safety information that was given to the committee as application for the award.
Nominees must satisfy at least 1 or more of the following 5 criteria:
1. Implementing a safety program in their workplace.
2. Taking an active role and being a strong advocate for safety and health.
3. Demonstrating significant improvement over previous conditions.
4. Consistently maintaining a good safety program over a number of years.
5. Making an extra effort to improve or correct a specific aspect of safety within the workplace.