Marijuana Business Daily (MJBizDaily), since 2011 the best known producer of B2B news and trade shows serving executives and major investors in America's $6 billion cannabis industry, is seeking a Content Marketing Manager to help amplify the reach of the exclusive content we produce.
This is a new full-time position reporting directly to the Senior Marketing Director. You'll be based in our Denver office and receive a competitive salary, paid time off, 401(k) and health benefits. As seen in Inc Magazine, Forbes and the WSJ, we are a highly professional, award-winning, fast-growing company.
Our in-house team of journalists and reporters already create tons of great, exclusive content every day. Your job will be to help amplify their audience so more business professionals and major investors become aware of our stories, data charts and news scoops. Plus, we produce three massive professional conventions each year, also featuring exclusive speakers and content. So, your job will include helping the world hear about the conference content as well.
To amplify our content, you will:
- Manage our social media feeds and communities, as well as training our editors on doing a better job with their social presence
- Oversee an external PR contractor helping to maximize our outside media mentions as well as landing speaking gigs for our experts on TV, radio, podcasts and at live events
- Create, promote and run a weekly podcast featuring our reporters plus guest star interviewees (with help from our in-house booker of guest speakers)
- Produce videos of our events (with help from an outsourced video crew when needed)
- Invent other powerful, measurable ways to get the word out about our content and expertise, such as webinars, white papers, promotable microsites, printed magazine inserts, and the like.
- Be aware of all our content from daily news to monthly magazines and annual books so you can pull together and repurpose content for promotional purposes.
Aside from working closely with the editorial team, you will also coordinate with our site optimization/traffic funnel manager, our email and web teams, the events producers, and the rest of our marketing department.
You must have 3-5 years related work experience minimum, including:
- Strong social media chops, preferably for a news or media organization
- Podcasting and digital video production experience
- A newshound's appreciation for new stories
- The ability to understand what topics and writing-style a business audience would find compelling (we do not serve consumers - only businesses and investors.)
- The ability to travel at least several times per year in the US and Canada
- Super-fast reading comprehension because we put out a ton of content you'll need to digest
The full-time position is based in our Denver, Colorado office. No relocation assistance provided for this role. References will be checked and background checks will be conducted.
Marijuana Business Daily is a division of Anne Holland Ventures Inc. We are an equal opportunity employer headquartered in Denver, Colorado.