Thank you for your interest in Scientists in the Classroom! Please fill out this application completely and in detail, the information you provide will help us match you with a local classroom. Before filling out the application, please read through the following program expectations.
During Scientists in the Classroom, you will visit your matched class twice in-person. Scientists and teachers in the program will work together as collaborators throughout the semester to plan the in-class visits. The first visit will take place at the beginning of the semester. During this visit, you will share the story of how you became a scientist with the class, what your research entails, and what your day-to-day life is like as a scientist. You'll then visit the class again to do an activity or experiment with the students related to either evolution or climate change. From there, we encourage you and your matched teacher can continue to work together, but this is not required by the program.
- Attend or watch our hour long training webinar
- Collaborate with your teacher to plan two in-class visits, the first an introductory visit and the second an activity based visit.
- Help your scientist prepare for their classroom visits.
- Commit the time to work with your teacher to create a quality activity that will be fun and relevant for your matched class.
- Complete surveys throughout the semester to keep us up-to-date on your progress!
Applications are accepted year round and are reviewed when we are making matches for the Fall and Spring Semesters.
Questions? Please contact Claire Adrian-Tucci at email@example.com
Please allow 15-20 minutes to finish the entire survey in one sitting, as SurveyMonkey does not allow you to continue an incomplete application once you have left the website.