DAWN invites you to submit a proposal to present a workshop at our upcoming Leadership Summit on March 5, 2020 at Delaware State University. This is a great opportunity to stretch yourself and raise your visibility with current peers and potential future colleagues! The deadline to submit your proposal is November 8, 2019.
In its seventh year, the Summit is DAWN’s signature event supporting the leadership development of women in higher education. This year’s conference will celebrate a core value of DAWN’s mission: promoting the advancement of women in higher education at all levels of their career. It will also spotlight IDEALS, ways to identify, develop, encourage, link and support women in higher education. Potential topics could include: discussion of career planning, community outreach, politics and the impact on higher education or female initiatives, practicing good self care, or presenting scholarly work that you are passionate about.
DAWN provides national leadership in advancing women to executive positions on campus and serves as a national voice for women in higher education. DAWN’s mission is to advance women’s leadership by:
- Identifying women leaders nationally in higher education through extensive networks.
- Developing women’s leadership abilities through state and national programming.
- Encouraging the use of those abilities.
- Advancing more women into senior-level leadership positions by nominating them and working with search firms on placement.
- Linking women to other women and mentors.
- Supporting the tenure of mid- and senior-level women administrators and presidents throughout their careers.