"Disrupting Silos and Creating STEM Habits of Mind” has been chosen as the conference theme for 2017. Areas of focus have been selected as follows:
• Partnerships for Change– Partnerships between and among K12, industry, informal, university, counselors, parents, private, public, etc. What are these effective partnerships and how can they be replicated?
• STEM+ – Connections with STEM and all disciplines, including art, foreign language, English/Language Arts, history, computer science etc. in both formal and informal learning
• Social Entrepreneurship and Public Purpose - How is STEM being used to address issues of social injustice, social need, and service learning for the good of public purpose?
• Computer Science - What are the specific ways in which girls are succeeding in computer science? What encourages them to participate?
For more information on the conference as a whole, please see:
You may choose from any of the following session types:
• One hour hands-on workshop
• Two hour hands-on workshop
• One hour presentation
• One hour Think Tank discussion session
In addition to a presentation or workshop session format, proposers may choose to propose a “Think Tank” discussion session. A Think Tank discussion should begin with a topic and then allow for open discussion on that topic. The proposer should clearly outline the topics to be discussed in a more classic open-ended Think Tank format, rather than in another format.
All proposals will be judged on the following criteria:
• Is the proposed session relevant to the conference theme?
• Is the proposed session relevant to a conference strand, if one is selected?
• Is there potential for rich discussion if Think Tank format is chosen?
• Does the proposed session have applicability to the intended audience?
• Does the proposed session appear to be of an appropriate session length and have an interactive focus?
• Does the proposed session demonstrate ideas or activities with proven effectiveness?
• Does the proposal clearly describe the session?
• Is the proposed session topic timely/appropriate?
You will be asked for the following items in this proposal. Please do not begin filling out this form until you are prepared to answer them all.
• title of no more than 120-characters
• 200 word or less abstract
• agenda with times assigned to each task
• needed materials or tasks to be completed prior to workshop
• list of participant take-aways
• speaker biography(ies) of no more than 100 words
You will also be asked to submit separately a short video to advertise your session.
Please submit the following form no later than January 31, 2017. Notifications will be made by February 28, 2017. Presenters will receive a $50 discount in their registration fee.
Should you have questions or problems, please contact us. All starred fields must be completed.
The following pages will allow you to enter your session proposal.