Child Protection Area of Responsibility (CP AoR) Membership Application
Thank you for your interest in joining the CP AoR as a member.
Before you begin the application, please note criteria for General Membership:
- Have a proven track record of having directly carried out child protection activities in a humanitarian or early warning context and participating in country-level coordination structures (where possible), OR of being actively engaged at local, national, regional or global level for child protection in emergencies (applicants working in another field closely related to child protection may be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Have child safeguarding measures in place or at a minimum a code of conduct signed by all staff members
- Have the capacity to contribute to at least one activity of the global CP AoR Strategy
- For Non-Governmental Organizations: provide proof of registration or other means of official recognition by relevant authorities or entities
- For Governmental Ministries, directly responsible for child protection: UNICEF, as the Cluster Lead Agency, will make a final decision of membership of governmental ministries
For organizations interested in a less formal connection with the CP AoR or unable to meet all General Membership criteria, the CP AoR offers organizations to be Associate Members. All individuals, independent consultants, governmental donors and ministries can also be Associate Members. At a minimum, Associate Members have the responsibility to endorse, adhere to and use the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action and other inter-agency standards as well as adhere to child safeguarding measures.
More details about membership benefits, criteria, and responsibilities can be found here.