SCIFTS Student Travel Grant Application
I wish to apply for a student travel grant for the IFT Annual Meeting and Food Expo in Chicago July 16-19, 2023.
By submitting this application I am stating that I have read and agree to the Student Travel Grant Rules.
- Ten (10) $500 Travel grants are available for student to attend IFT First Convention, Chicago, IL,
- Applications must be received by SCIFTS Student Affairs Chair by June 1, 2023.
- Recipients will be notified by June 15th.
- Only SCIFTS or IFT Student members are eligible for travel grants
- Grant recipients pay for all applicable expenses up front.
- Submit expense reports with a copy of all receipts to the SCIFTS Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org byJuly 30, 2023.
- SCIFTs Treasurer will mail the reimbursement checks to the address you designate on your application.
- Meals and conference registration fees are NOT reimbursable
- DO NOT SEND applications to National IFT
- Priority will be given to students who:
- are winners of the Mountain West College Bowl, if College Bowl is held in Chicago
- are competing in IFT student competitions, held in Chicago
- are current officers in your student Food Science or Nutrition club
- volunteered at this year’s SCIFTS Suppliers’ Night or SCFIC
- volunteered at a SCIFTS meetings (September - July of the current year)
- will serve as a session monitors
- are active in a National IFT Student Chapter
Address all questions to Jill Golden, Student Affairs Chair, email@example.com