1) Better understand how companies in South Carolina use the transportation system to move goods, and help define strategies for improving freight mobility in the State.
2) Collect information about supply chain logistics and challenges.
3) Gather input about private sector views for improving South Carolina’s transportation systems.
4) Provide a reality check for secondary information sources about regional goods movements:
- Specific commodities moving in large quantities to and from the State. - Major market destinations for outbound products. - Major originations of process or production inputs.
NOTICE TO SURVEY RESPONDENTS
All information provided by this survey will remain strictly confidential. No statements or other information will be linked directly to individual respondents in any publication without the express permission of the respondent (i.e. the respondent would be contacted after the survey for permission to attribute any data or quotations). Demographic, organizational, and other individual information collected from survey respondents will be released only to members of the project team and staff acting on their behalf in the course of project-related activities only, including for record-keeping and follow-up purposes. Demographic, organizational, or data related to respondents will be reported only in aggregate formats with other survey responses.