SELA Youth Art Academy
Led by local artist Felix Quintana, this program introduces students to contemporary artists working in and around Southeast Los Angeles and the contemporary issues that their work addresses. Participants will meet with a series of guest speakers and make art inspired by topics ranging from urban design and community-based art, to food justice and family traditions. Students will create a collaborative zine that is reflective of the speakers’ topics and the new art making techniques learned throughout the course. A zine launch will be held one week after the final day of class on Thursday, December 16th from 5:30-6:30pm.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 323-563-5478.
- No previous arts experience is required!!
- Open to high school students youth (15-18)
- Priority will be given to South Gate residents.
- Youth from surrounding Southeast LA cities (Lynwood, Bell, Bell Gardens, Cudahy, Maywood, Huntington Park, Vernon, Florence/Firestone, Walnut Park, Paramount, Downey) are also encouraged to apply.
- Must commit to attending all 17 sessions of the program.
Deadline to apply: Sunday, September 26th 11:59PM PST
This program is made possible through the generous support of the Commission for South Gate Youth and 5211 Southern Ave LLC.