Owning and looking after a dog comes with responsibilities not only to ensure the welfare of the dog but also to ensure that the behaviour of the dog does not adversely impact on others.
I am a responsible dog owner and agree to the following:
- I will look after my dog ensuring that it is well cared for
- I will not keep a dog without permission of my housing provider
- I understand that not everyone is comfortable around dogs and will not assume that it is okay for my dog to approach others without their consent
- I will not allow my dog to bark excessively or cause a nuisance to others
- I will not allow my dog to use communal areas as a doggie WC
- I will always pick up after my dog and will bin the bagged dog waste in any public bin
- I understand that dog faeces can be dangerous and should be cleaned up immediately
- I will keep my dog under proper control and supervised at all times
- I understand that by law all dogs over 8 weeks old must be microchipped
- I will not keep a dog that is a banned breed under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991
- I will not breed dogs at my residence without my Housing Providers permission
- I will not provide a dog minding service for others without my Housing Providers permission
- I will make arrangements with another person to ensure that my dog is looked after in my absence e.g. holiday or hospital stay
- I understand that if my dog causes a nuisance or a disturbance, my housing provider can withdraw permission for me to have a dog and I may be required to rehouse my dog.
We'd love to compile a gallery of responsible owners and their dogs. If you are happy to be a part of this, please leave your email address below.