Greater Vancouver Regional Steering Committee on Homelessness (RSCH)
2013 - 2014 Membership Application (Deadline April 19, 2013)
Introduction to the RSCH Membership Form
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the RSCH. Please take a moment to read the following information to ensure your application is completed successfully.
Important information about the RSCH governance changes, member roles and responsibilities are available on www.stophomelessness.ca. Applicants are required to review this information prior to submitting an application.
Use of Applicant Information
This application form is secured with encryption, to ensure that the information you provide will be only be used for preparing the RSCH membership profile, organizational communication and organizational governance only.
There are two types of membership: Individual and Agency.
Individual members have an interest in homelessness and support the RSCH's mission, vision and mandate. Individual members are eligible to:
- Receive information about the work of the RSCH - Participate in RSCH Advisory Groups and events
Individuals working for homeless-serving agencies that are eligible for RSCH membership are strongly encouraged to consult with their agency's senior staff and apply for an agency membership, instead of an individual membership.
Agency members have an interest in homelessness and support the RSCH's mission, vision and mandate. Agency includes:
- Service providers - Shelter, safe house and transition house providers - Transitional and supportive housing providers - Boards of Trade, Chambers of Commerce and Business Improvement Associations - Health agencies - Metro Vancouver member municipalities - Provincial ministries/crown corporations - Federal government departments - Advocacy groups - Local housing and homelessness networks - Community Homelessness Tables - Foundations and community funders - Aboriginal organizations
Agency Members are eligible to:
- Receive information about the work of the RSCH - Participate in RSCH Advisory Groups and events - Apply to participate at the Constituency Table (where applicable) - Recommend members to participate at the Constituency Table (where applicable)
Important Considerations for Agency Applicants
- Only ONE application per AGENCY will be accepted.
- Multiple staff or directors of an agency member may register to participate on Advisory Groups; however, agency members are asked to designate one representative to be the contact person for RSCH communication.
- The agency membership form requires detailed information about your agency, including the profile, operations, number of staff, and contact information of any staff or directors able to participate in Advisory Groups.
- The information requested is necessary to prepare the RSCH membership profile, organizational communication and to determine the Constituency of your agency for organizational governance purposes.
- As it is not possible to 'save' the form and return to it later, please ensure your agency profile details are accessbile.
Full details about the membership options, roles and responsibilites are available at www.stophomelessness.ca.