Philanthropy Northwest is proud to present Listen, Partner, Lead: Philanthropy Leans In, our annual regional conference in Boise Idaho on October 2-4 2018. Philanthropy Northwest Conference call for request for proposals is an opportunity to offer sessions that explore strategy and learning with Pacific Northwest peers in the grantmaking sector.
Philanthropy is being called to lead – more than ever before. We know we can’t do it alone. Cross-sector collaborations are key, and policy and advocacy are fundamental. Northwest philanthropy is thriving at the intersections, because Philanthropy chooses to lean in. At our conference in Boise, we are seeking session proposals which address topics such as, but not limited to (listed in alphabetical order):
- Authentic and Impactful Engagement and Collaboration
- Addressing Unique Needs of Rural Communities
- Best Practices and Developments in Education, Health, Veterans, Workforce, and more
- Capacity Building for Nonprofit and Community-Led Organizations
- Corporate Philanthropy and Community Partnerships
- Decision Making with Trustees and Board Members
- Engaging in Difficult Conversations
- Impact Investing and Mobilizing Capital
- Native and Indigenous-Led Funding Efforts
- Philanthropy's Role in Advocacy and Policy
- Racial Equity and Racial Healing
- Supporting Grassroots and Frontline Communities
- Transparency and Accountability in Philanthropy
We look forward to continuing the hallmark of creating space for our members and partners to learn together and from each other.
We will prioritize session proposals which:
- Include diverse perspectives and the voices of community, e.g., regional, racial, social/public sector etc.
- Encourage audience participation, engagement and discussion
- Are designed for specific types of Foundations, e.g., family, corporate, community, independent, public or population funds
- Provide tools, frameworks and/or case studies; are solutions-oriented
- Are proposed by current Philanthropy Northwest members
Deadlines for submission
- April 5: RFP Opens
- May 8: RFP Submission Closed
- June 5: Selection committee decisions announced. If selected, you will be paired with a Philanthropy Northwest staff member or committee member to help refine and design the session in alignment with our conference goals and values.
Please contact Elyse Gordon at email@example.com with any questions. Thank you!