Rhode Island Saltwater Anglers Association Charities Survey
Your RISAA Charties Committee is a way for our Association to give back to the community. We strive to make a donation every month to a legitimate charity or family in need.
THIS SURVEY PRESENTS ONLY TWO MAIN QUESTIONS TO YOU. 1. Your suggestion(s) for a special charity you know about 2. Your help in identifying a RISAA member in distress
About RISAA Charities... The Charities Committee has an annual budget approved by the RISAA Board of Directors.
Charitable Donations must adhere to the following:
* Donations can only be made to legitimate, verifiable, non-profit charities in which at least 80% of receipts are distributed directly to the cause; or
* To a RISAA member deemed "in distress"
* The organization should have a presence or office in Rhode Island
* Approved by the entire Committee
* Consecutive annual donations are not allowed
Please note, donations can not be made to any non-member, individual person's fund, such as friends raising money for someone's operation, etc.
Also, just because an organization may be a "nonprofit" it doesn't mean they are a charity. Marching bands, acting groups, church groups could all be nonprofits, but do not exist to help others in need.