Client Interest Form
Looking Glass Counselling | Bridge the GapTM will offer accessible one-to-one therapeutic support to individuals who are struggling with an eating disorder. This program will be offered at an affordable $35 / hour. A small number of partial bursaries may be available.
Therapeutic support will be provided by practicum students enrolled in full-time studies at an accredited B.C. university, in a relevant discipline at the graduate level. Students will be overseen by a Registered Clinical Counsellor.
Please review the following criteria before completing this Client Interest Form:
- Clients must be 19 years or older.
- Clients must be struggling with disordered eating or a diagnosed or self-diagnosed eating disorder.
- Clients must be recovery focused and willing to work closely with a therapist to help them meet their recovery goals.
- Clients will be offered up to 10 months of support and must be willing to change therapists if necessary.
- Clients must be willing to attend therapy sessions weekly or every two weeks, and be committed to attending their sessions as scheduled.
- Co-morbidities are not a barrier; however, if the individual is reporting health impacts that require medical intervention, the program has the right to recommend/request the individual follow up with their general practitioner or other care provider to ensure physical safety and capacity to undertake therapeutic work.
- Clients must not have had a suicide attempt in the past six months.
- Clients cannot be in a hospital or residential treatment program at the time of seeking therapy through this program, however they can be on waitlist for hospital or residential care.
- Clients must reside in B.C.
- At the beginning and end of the counselling relationship, clients will be provided information on other eating disorder resources and will be encouraged to access additional support programs or services.