Title of Study: An Ethnographic Study of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries Fandom
Jade Alburo, Librarian
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
1. Purpose of the Study: This research study looks at the fans of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries through their history with the show, their interaction with the show and its characters, their creation of fan art and assignments related to the show, and their participation in communities based on the show.
2. Procedures and Instructions: You will be asked to answer a series of multiple choice and open-ended questions about your history and engagement with The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. You can choose to skip any of the questions. For your responses to count, you have to go to the end of the survey and press the Submit button.
3. Duration: It will take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete the survey, depending on the length of your answers to the open-ended questions.
4. Voluntary Participation: Your participation in this research is voluntary. You can stop at any time. You do not have to answer any questions you do not want to answer.
5. Statement of Confidentiality: Your participation in this research is confidential. No personally identifying information is being collected. The data will be stored and secured by Survey Monkey in a password protected account. Your confidentiality will be kept to the degree permitted by the technology being used. Raw data will not be shared with others. Survey responses will be destroyed once the study is done.
6. Right to Ask Questions: If you have any questions or concerns regarding this study, please contact Jade Alburo at email@example.com. If you have questions about your rights while taking part in this study, or you have concerns or suggestions and you want to talk to someone other than the researchers about the study, please call the OHRPP at (310) 825-7122 or write to: UCLA Office of the Human Research Protection Program, 11000 Kinross Avenue, Suite 2011, Box 951694, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1694.
Completion and submission of the survey implies your consent to participate in this research. If you are under 18, please ask the permission of your parent or guardian before participating. Please keep this form for your records.