Since we plan to offer commercial support and/or commercial modules for SearchGuard2, we want to understand better what you need and expect from SG. We want to continue to provide a free (as in free beer) and open source version of SG, but we also need to find ways to finance the further development of the plugin.
Outline of the planned model:
- if you do not need support, advanced auth/auth modules or audit logging, SG will remain 100% free, also for commercial use
- if you do need one of the above, we plan to offer commercial licenses
- the license model will be based on production clusters, means if you have 1 cluster in production, you'll need 1 license
- development, staging or QA clusters are included free of charge
- unlimited number of nodes per cluster
Your answers will help us immensely to decide on the future of SG. Thank you very much!