10th Annual Shoalition Showcase
Via Zoom, Tuesday, April 25 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Call for Proposals
Thank you for your interest in presenting a workshop at the 10th Annual Shoalition Showcase via Zoom. The Shoalition is a forum for you and your coalition to showcase the great things you are doing to prevent and reduce underage drinking and other alcohol problems and to provide coalitions and prevention professionals and advocates with the tools needed to reduce underage drinking!
The Shoalition Showcase provides relevant information on issues, programs, and resources related to underage drinking and includes: a keynote presentation; panel discussion with Commissioners from the Michigan Liquor Control Commission; workshops; hearing from coalition leaders about what they are doing to reduce underage drinking and other alcohol problems; and opportunities to earn continuing education credits.
Proposal Review Criteria:
The planning committee seeks underage drinking-related topics presented from a strength-based perspective with a focus on relevant and practical information and resources. The following are examples of workshop topics that are ideal for the Shoalition Showcase audience:
* Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF)
* Prevention Prepared Communities
* Working with Fairs and Festival Organizers to Reduce Alcohol Related Problems
* Outlet density, retailer mapping
* Reducing underage drinking with special populations (youth of military families, women of childbearing age, etc..)
* Media and/or social morning campaigns
* Effective programs that are reducing alcohol problems/underage drinking
* Policy changes that your coalition has worked on to reduce alcohol problems/underage drinking
* Building your community coalition; Working well with a particular sector
* Using data effectively/types of data that would be useful for your coalition
* Compliance checks and vendor education with alcohol retailers
* Sticker Shock, Photovoice, etc..
Other topic areas are welcomed as we are sure there are many more topics and great things that coalitions are doing!
The primary contact listed in the proposal will receive all communication about the workshop and is responsible for sharing pertinent information with the co-presenter, if applicable.
In the event of cancellations, please notify the MCRUD coordinator to suggest a substitute presenter who is knowledgeable about the presentation.