Thank you for your interest in membership with the California League of Park Associations (CALPA) and the Public Lands Alliance (PLA). Our joint membership program is open to nonprofit organizations that partner with California State Parks.
To apply for membership, you must complete this form and submit the following supplemental materials:
- An agreement or statement of support from California State Parks
- Please contact your Cooperating Association Liaison (CAL) if you do not have a copy of your agreement.
- A letter of determination stating that your organization is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (or an explanation that you are in the process of obtaining 501 (c)(3) status)
- If you do not have a copy of your 501(c)(3) determination letter, you can file for a copy to be sent to you by submitting a 4506-A form to the IRS (select #9 – exemption determination letter). Click here for more information.
- Your annual membership dues
Although your materials will be sent to PLA, the program is managed jointly with CALPA. You will not need to send additional information to CALPA for your membership application.