(single PDF file, maximum 2 pages, longer proposals will not be accepted)
We invite you to submit a proposal for a satellite symposium including:
title, abstract (brief summary of topic and aims of the satellite), contact information (names and emails of all organizers, with the mandatory indication of 1 contact organizer), format (number of speakers, number of participants, length/duration/0.5 or 1 day, preliminary program, number of participants at previous editions if applicable), preliminary list of speakers (confirmed or pre-contacted speakers are a plus during the review, to be indicated in the proposal).Please indicate if you are applying to the NetSci Young Initiative for Satellite Meeting.
To increase your chance of success, proposals should attempt to join forces with others that want to submit a proposal on a similar/overlapping topic (for instance, based on previous NetSci editions). The committee will reserve the option of merging selected proposals that focus on similar topics.
Deadline for submission of satellite proposals: December 11, 2018.
Notification of acceptance: January 8, 2019.
• Location for NetSci 2019: University of Vermont Davis Center 590 Main St, Burlington, Vermont 05401, USA
• Rooms will have basic A/V equipment and will be available from 9am-12pm for morning sessions and 2pm-5pm for afternoon sessions.
• Satellite organizers will be responsible for all aspects of the symposium including registration (in addition, mandatory registration to NetSci 2019 for all Satellite participants due to conference and security regulations in place).
• All symposia will be listed in the conference program and linked/advertised on the website.
• Selection of proposals will be performed by the Satellite Committee of NetSci 20189. In order to optimize Satellite Symposia in terms of scientific topics, visibility, and interactions, the Scientific Committee will reserve the option of merging selected proposals that focus on similar topics.
• No-repetition rule enforced: No repetition of the same talk at the main Conference. NetSci 2019 keynotes and invited speakers cannot be speakers at satellites.