Essay Contest Terms and Conditions
This contest begins at 12:01 P.M. Eastern Time (ET) on April 26, 2018, and ends at 11:59 P.M. ET on May 31, 2019. Limit one entry per person or e-mail account. Essays should be submitted in English at a maximum of 250 words. Essays exceeding this length may not be considered. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering, Entrant warrants that his or her entry (1) is original and does not infringe the intellectual-property rights of any third party, (2) has not been published in any medium, and (3) has not won an award.
2. Judging: All entries will be judged by Indian Trails' staff and/or its designees, and will consider the following criteria: originality, creativity, use of language, and appropriateness to contest theme. All submitted essays must be nonfiction. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail after June 15, 2019.
3. Eligibility: Open to current and former charter group travel arrangers and passengers of Indian Trails who are age 18 or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. The contest is not open to employees, their families, agencies, or representatives of Indian Trails, Inc., Michigan Flyer, LLC, or AirRide.
4. Conditions of participation: By entering, Entrant represents that any essay, etc., and other materials submitted as part of Entrant’s contest entry are the original work of Entrant and not copied from any other source and will not constitute defamation or an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such essay.
5. Promotion: By entering, Entrant grants to Indian Trails and its affiliates a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, and republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s submitted essay, along with Entrant’s name, likeness, statements, biographical information, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional, or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice, or compensation (except where prohibited by law).
6. Governing law: This contest is governed by the laws of the State of Michigan without regard to principles of conflict of laws. By entering this promotion, participants agree to be bound by these terms & conditions.
7. All taxes relative to the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.