Description of Own Your Story Newark
The Own Your Story Newark Initiative is about uniting to focus on making life even better for our neighborhoods in Newark through sharing our stories. Through our individual stories, Newark's Black community will come together to create our very own story-based, media campaign, that will drive social change in our local neighborhoods.
Our people will be able to see, experience, and be reminded of our beauty as we plan for Newark's future.
Submitting a Video
We encourage you to submit a 1 to 3 minute video or voice note for possible inclusion in our community-designed campaign. All submissions are subject to our editorial standards.
When you submit a video to the Own Your Story Newark initiative under TandemEd, LLC. you will:
1. Grant to TandemEd a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferrable, assignable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to host, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify, distribute and redistribute, adapt, prepare derivative works of, use make, have made, sell, offer for sale, import, and otherwise manipulate your content, under all intellectual property rights therein, in whole or in part, in any media formats and through any media channels (now known or hereafter developed).
2. Grant to each user of our website a non-exclusive license to access and use, but not to copy or redistribute, your video.
3. Affirm, represent, and warrant that you are the creator and owner of the video. You have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and to authorize TandemEd to use and distribute your video. This includes any person or persons, including yourself, music, graphics, and anything else that requires authorization by a third party. You, the video creator, will be required to produce a signed copy of each necessary waiver before we air your video on our website.
4. Affirm, represent, and warrant that the content in your video does not infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right.
5. Affirm, represent, and warrant that the content in your video does not slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity, or other property rights of any other person.
6. Affirm, represent, and warrant that the content in your video does not contain anything unlawful or that a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, offensive, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, distressing, vulgar, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or otherwise inappropriate.
7. You affirm, represent, and warrant that your video is not advertisement or sales-presentation for a product, person, or service.
8. You affirm, represent, and warrant that the content in your video does not contain any viruses, adware, spyware, malware, worms, or other malicious code that could harm the TandemEd website or users. You understand that any violation of these third-party rights may be subject to criminal and civil liability, and TandemEd will not hesitate to pursue legal action should anyone violate these terms.
TandemEd may host your videos through YouTube, and as such, we recommend that you also read, understand, and agree to the terms of service on their website available at youtube.com.