This activity is intended for internal medicine, family medicine and primary care physicians and advance practice clinicians.
1) Self-report knowledge gain related to evidence based guidelines / standards of care for screening, implementation of preventive care, recognition, diagnosis, treatment and pharmacological management in the primary care setting.
2) Self-report an intent to change practice by following recommended guidelines / best practice in screening, referral and management of patients presenting to the primary care setting.
Medium / combination of media used:
This activity consists of an educational component (slides, audio lecture) in an electronic format, followed by an online post-test and participant self-reflection / declaration of learning. Estimated time to complete this activity, including review of materials is seventy five minutes.
Required method of participation in the learning process:
1. Review activity information and completion requirements.
2. View video. Estimated time = 65:00 minutes
3. View support materials if applicable. Estimated time = 00 mins
4. Complete evaluation and learner assessment tool. Estimated time = 10 mins Total time for completion: 75 mins/1.25 hour(s)
Faculty Disclosure: Dr. Vernon Rayford has indicated that there are no disclosures to be made regarding this presentation. Each member of the planning committee for this activity has indicated they have no actual or potential conflicts of interest to disclose. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationship(s) to disclose.
Commercial Support: This activity is fully funded by the NMMC CME Program and is not supported by any commercial support monies.
Continuing Medical Education Credit (Physician):
North Mississippi Medical Center is accredited by the Mississippi State Medical Association to provide Continuing Medical Education for physicians.
NMMC designates this internet enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Education Credit (APC):
NMMC is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Mississippi Nurses Foundation, Inc., an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This activity has been approved for 1.25 contact hour. CE# 00192-EDII-1046 (60 minutes = 1.0 contact hour)