NYSPHC Fellow Application
About the New York State Public Health Corps Fellowship Program
The NYS Public Health Corps (NYSPHC) was formed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Announced in January of 2021, our goals are to:
- Bolster the state’s public health infrastructure by mobilizing Public Health Fellows across the state to provide critical support and services to local health departments (LHDs);
- Effectively communicate with and educate New Yorkers about key strategies that address public health efforts; and
- Facilitate connections among the community level public health stakeholders required to strengthen and sustain public health learning and action partnerships.
For more information on the NYSPHC Fellowship Program please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS) at https://www.ny.gov/new-york-state-public-health-corps/new-york-state-public-health-corps#faqs
How To Apply to Become a NYSPHC Fellow!
Before beginning, it is recommended that you first take some time to prepare documents and compile information that is requested in the application. Once you begin the application, you will not be able to save and complete later without beginning a new application.
If there are not listed openings for your preferred county, the county currently does not have any openings and is not accepting applications. The list of openings is updated weekly. Please check back on a regular basis for updates and new openings.
Documents you will need to include:
- Contact information for professional references (minimum of 2) to be uploaded as a single .doc, .docx, or PDF file.
- Cover letter/personal statement (no more than 500 words) on what makes you an ideal candidate for the NYSPHC Fellowship Program, highlighting any relevant background or experience not provided in your resume.
Additional key information that you may need to submit includes:
- New York State issued license number or certification, if you are a licensed or certified healthcare provider.
- Vaccine administration qualifications.
Sections of the application:
- Contact Information and Demographic Information
- Service Placement Location and Position Preference
- Education and Affiliation
- Licenses and Certifications (if applicable)
- Vaccine administration qualifications (if applicable)
If you are selected to become a NYSPHC fellow you must be compliant with all employment requirements of the hiring entity, including proof of immunizations. If you possess a degree from an accredited college or university, you will be asked to submit either a transcript or copy of your diploma for verification. Applicants who are licensed healthcare providers in NYS must be in good standing. Background checks may be conducted.