Call for Presentations
LeadingAge Iowa is seeking presentations that:
- Are timely, relevant, practical, and actionable.
- Incorporate engaging, interactive educational methods.
- Provide concrete takeaways and resources and/or demonstrate measurable outcomes.
LeadingAge Iowa is seeking speakers who:
- Are qualified in the subject matter.
- Experienced professionals, experts in their field.
- Engage the audience and encourage active participation (examples: show-of-hands voting; discuss with neighbor or in small groups; use case studies). Each presentation should provide 2-4 opportunities for attendees to think, to write and/or to share.
- Understand that attendees are seeking to understand what your research and data mean to them and how it is applicable to their organization.
- Help attendees uncover what the content means.
- Create opportunities to discuss how to apply the content (example: "what one idea shared today are you going to try?").
- Connect to the attendees' emotions.
- See the attendees as co-creators along with you, not simply as a consumer of your information.
- Focus on what is in the best interest of the attendees for your session.
Proposals will be considered for a variety of virtual and in-person events in 2023.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Each presenter is limited to three proposals and each topic submitted must have its own complete application.
- Please do not complete the form in all-caps or use bullet points in your answers. Your assistance is appreciated.
Please contact Amy Huisman at
AHuisman@LeadingAgeIowa.org or 515-440-4630
You will need the following information to complete the CFP:
- Session title
- Purpose statement (1 sentence)
- Summary (less than 100 words)
- 3 Learning objectives and accompanying content/topics
- Bibliography (list of sources used in preparing the presentation in APA format)
- A/V requests
- Presenter(s) contact information