MO 500-3136 (Rev 03/21)

New Teacher Institute (NTI) is an intensive introduction to teaching for first- or second-year career and technical education teachers who will be working in a state-approved program at the secondary, adult and/or postsecondary levels. This program is exclusively for new teachers coming into the education field directly from business or industry. The deadline for registering is July 1. Registration will be subject to availability after July 1.

Date: August 1-4, 2021 
Location: Holiday Inn Executive Center, 2200 Interstate 70 Dr SW, Columbia, Missouri 65203

Questions: Contact the NTI Coordinator at 573-526-4900

The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Career and Technical Education (CTE) Unit receives 34% of its funding through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education. For State Fiscal Year 2021, the total amount of grant funds awarded was $25,262,736. The remaining 66% of the costs ($50,069,028) were funded by a State CTE Appropriation.
The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, or any other basis prohibited by statute in its programs and activities. Inquiries related to department programs and to the location of services, activities, and facilities that are accessible by persons with disabilities may be directed to the Jefferson State Office Building, Director of Civil Rights Compliance and MOA Coordinator (Title VI/Title VII/Title IX/504/ADA/ADAAA/Age Act/GINA/USDA Title VI), 5th Floor, 205 Jefferson Street, P.O. Box 480, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0480; telephone number 573-526-4757 or TTY 800-735-2966; email