The purpose of this survey is to receive taxpayer feedback on our garbage collection and disposal services. Traditionally, garbage services are up for bid every 3 years. Our contract with our current provider expires in May. In this year's specs, we included an option to continue with the provider we select after our original 3-year contract. This decision would be made every 3 years. We are prepared to reject the 2 bids we received and re-bid this service based on feedback from this survey.

The cost of services you receive consist of weekly collection and disposal of waste. We have a choice of how often bulk item pickup is conducted. A large portion of the bid is for curbside collection while the remaining cost is for disposal of waste. The combined tonnage collected in the village impacts the overall cost.

We have solicited and received bids for our new contract. Due to the pandemic and increased labor costs, prices are a certain level higher for the same services we receive today. By law, we are required to pass the entire charge on to the users. This charge is passed on quarterly. We are seeking village resident feedback so we can make a decision that provides both the level of service and cost that the majority prefers.

Question Title

* 1. What is your first reaction on the level and quality of service we receive from our current provider?

Question Title

* 2. Each unit currently pays 25.50 per quarter (1.96 per week, 8.50 per month, 102 per year) for current services. If we stay with our current provider, the same service we receive today will increase 6 dollars per quarter to 31.50 (2.42 per week, 10.50 per month, 126 per year). 

How would you rate the value for the current service we receive?

Question Title

* 3. We have the option to change our provider. This alternate provider would provide the same services as our current provider with an increased focus on quality of pickup, customer service, multiple options for large item pickup. This would cost an additional 6 dollars for a total of 37.50 per quarter (2.88 per week, 12.50 per month, 150 per year).

Would you prefer the alternate provider?

*Please note, the price above is worst-case scenario. We are prepared to reject the bids we received and re-bid this service based on feedback from this survey.

Question Title

* 4. When you think about large item pickup, do you think of this service as something you need or don’t need?

Question Title

* 5. How often would you like large item pickup?

Question Title

* 6. In your own words, what are the things that you like most about our current garbage service?

Question Title

* 7. In your own words, what are the things that you would most like to improve about our garbage service?

Question Title

* 8. Select the option you prefer:

Provider A: Weekly garbage collection and bulk item pickup monthly. 63% of total cost is for collecting waste and the remaining 37% is for disposing of the waste collected.

Provider B: Weekly garbage collection and bulk item pickup weekly or monthly, whichever is provided. 72% of total cost is for collecting waste and the remaining 28% is for disposing of waste collected.

0 of 8 answered
 

T