Kenogami Forest 2023 IFA
Invitation to Participate
NorthWinds Environmental Services is undertaking an independent forest audit of the Kenogami Forest for the period April 1, 2015 – March 31, 2023.
Independent forest audits are a regulatory requirement stipulated under the Crown Forest Sustainability Act, 1994. During these audits, a group of independent auditors will audit forest management planning and operations, adherence to the legislation and policies, public, First Nation, and Metis consultation and other activities as prescribed by the Crown Forest Sustainability Act and related legislation and policies.
Specifically, the purpose of the audit is to assess:
• compliance with the Crown Forest Sustainability Act,
• compliance with the Forest Management Planning Process,
• a comparison of planned versus actual forest management activities,
• the effectiveness of forest management activities in achieving audit criteria and management objectives,
• the effectiveness of previous audit action plans, and
• a licensee’s compliance with the terms and conditions of the Sustainable Forest Licence.
As part of our evaluation, we would very much appreciate your input in the audit regarding forest management of the Kenogami Forest during the audit period. Please fill in the survey, and share with anyone who may be interested. Comments can also be directed to the Lead Auditor, Triin Hart, at email@example.com or by phone at 807-252-9545.
Please note that personal information is collected under the authority of Regulation 319/20 (Independent Forest Audits). It will be used solely for the purposes of developing an understanding of forest management concerns and issues for the delivery of the Independent Forest Audit. For more information, please contact: Marie Parsons, District Business Coordinator Nipigon District - firstname.lastname@example.org - 807-887-5012