Canadian Obesity Awareness and Control initiative for Health (COACH) - Supporters
COACH Supporter Survey
The Canadian Obesity Network has been invited by the Networks of Centres of Excellence Program to submit a full proposal for the Knowledge-Mobilisation competition - the full application is due in April, 2011.
The Canadian Obesity Awareness and Control initiative for Health (COACH)
Vision: to enable all Canadian adults and children with obesity to live healthier and more productive lives.
Mission: to become a credible, preferred source of information and resources for obesity management by mobilizing the collective knowledge of existing networks, stakeholders and Canadians living with excess weight to
1) foster a better understanding of the importance of the risks associated with obesity
2) enable Canadians to better identify and adopt evidence-based weight management strategies and resources.
One of the key criteria for success is that we demonstrate our ability to fully engage and listen to individuals (both kids and adults) living with obesity - after all, who knows more about living with or battling excess weight than people who live with it everyday?
So we are looking for help:
1) We need people who are willing to step up and support this proposal with their own names and personal stories. In this regard we are particularly interested in including the CV of individuals in the application, who can speak for individuals with obesity (e.g. patient groups, etc.) or organisations that can reach and engage Canadians living with obesity.
2) As "Ambassadors" for COACH, your job would be to help determine the direction and nature of COACH initiatives, but also to carry the torch for COACH into your communities and organisations.
3) We need help in writing and fine-tuning the proposal - we need to make a compelling case, tell a convincing story, and ensure that we are truly addressing a need that will help Canadians better deal with this complicated and unforgiving condition that destroys self-esteem, relationships, and health.
If you are interested in helping us with this initiative, please take a moment to complete the attached survey, which will help us collect your contact information for future correspondence.
Please feel free to forward this e-mail (and link) to anyone, who you think may be able to help us with this initiative.
This is your chance to put your whole weight (pun intended!) behind getting Canadians struggling with excess weight the help they need.
Arya M. Sharma, MD/PhD, FRCPC Scientific Director and CEO Canadian Obesity Network