On behalf of the California Energy Commission, the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory invites you to review a pilot version of EnergyIQ, the next generation of energy and carbon benchmarking tools for non-residential facilities. Based on your feedback, we will complete the tool and notify you when it is ready for general use.
EnergyIQ helps users begin the process of identifying savings opportunities and formulating an implementation strategy. This lays the groundwork for more in-depth audits or simulation studies. We call our approach Action-oriented Benchmarking: in addition to allowing users to compare their facility to similar ones, EnergyIQ generates a site-specific opportunity assessment and practical recommendations on how to improve energy efficiency and reduce carbon emissions. To create user-defined peer groups for benchmarking comparisons, EnergyIQ utilizes an in-depth survey of about 2700 buildings from the latest California Commercial End-Use Survey (CEUS). Over time the tool will cover the rest of the United States.
Take some time to become familiar with the tool before providing your feedback. We have created a highly flexible user interface, which, due to the wide range of options offered, may be challenging for some users. Thanks to a forthcoming web service, this particular interface can be easily modified and customized by third-party software developers, e.g. to limit the building types, analysis, and views of the data available or to develop an entirely different look-and-feel.
• Get oriented by reviewing the "About" and "How to Use This Tool" pages
• Select "Go"
• Select some "Filters" (first column in menu system)
• Select various "Energy" metrics (second column) or "Features" (third column)
• Select various "Indicators" and "Views" (fourth and fifth columns) to explore charting options
• Enter data to benchmark your own facility
• Select "Actions" to see the opportunities (this is currently a static mock-up)
• Select "MyIQ" (this is currently a static mock-up of the area where users can manage a portfolio of buildings)
• Browse the other flat content pages (e.g. "Decision Support", "Reading Room", "Help")
2. RETURN TO THIS SURVEY AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ON THIS PAGE.
If you have questions about this project, please contact Evan Mills via email or at 510-486-6784.