This in-person training is an intensive all day training that includes exploration of safe sharing of lived experience as a youth or adolescent with a SED diagnosis and/or Substance Use Disorder, and how shared experience can be used to build mutuality and connection. The three online youth support training modules are a prerequisite to the in-person youth support training. The successful completion of the online modules and the in-person training will provide a Youth Support Endorsement for qualified individuals only. This training is limited to 30 participants at each location.
This training will cover the following topics:
- Roles and responsibilities of the youth support provider
- Youth support skills and core competencies
- Engaging youth and empowering youth voice
- Strategic use of story-telling
- Working with families, teams, providers, and system partners
- Youth support provided in groups