In Best Starts for Kids' ASQ Trainer program, participants engage in a combination of didactic and hands-on learning over the course of 6 months.
- Their training certificate through Brookes Publishing; allows them to train their organization and others in their professional circle
- An interdisciplinary professional network of fellow trainers – childcare, home visiting, clinicians, etc.
- A rich set of ASQ-related tools, activities, and resources to leverage when delivering their own trainings
- Strategies for adapting training content for a particular professional or cultural group.
The cohort is capped at 25 participants. This application process aims to select a range of languages, disciplines, and geographic service areas (within King County).
To apply, complete this survey by December 21st.
You are encouraged to also send a résumé to ScreeningKingCounty@gmail.com.
Training Program Elements and Expectations:
- Attend a 3-day intensive training on ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE-2, from a Brookes Publishing master trainer. You must attend all 3-days (held January 23-25, in South King County)
- Deliver 2 single-day trainings in 2019, with a co-trainer from the cohort. Together you will select training dates.
- Meet with your co-trainer prior to your trainings, to adapt the training materials provided at the seminar to suit you and your target audience.
Interested in becoming a trainer, but cannot commit to delivering community trainings for Best Starts for Kids? The publisher hosts train-the-trainer institutes around the country. Learn more here.