2023 Trick or Streets Expression of Interest Form
For the second year in a row, NYC DOT is planning the early evening activation of select Open Streets, plazas, and other corridors on Halloween to add more pedestrian space on one of the busiest nights of the year for NYC’s streets!
To participate, NYC DOT is surveying existing Open Streets partners, plaza partners, and community-based organizations to express interest in joining in on this paranormal public space initiative. The full list of requirements and process is detailed below. We hope you can participate in this ghoulish night of fun promoting the pedestrian use of our most vast public space – NYC streets!
Please note this is an expression of interest.
- Existing Open Streets or Plaza partners may host a Trick or Streets event on either the weekend before Halloween (October 28th or 29th) or on Halloween Day (Tuesday, October 31st)
- Existing Open Streets on a bus route, truck route, or major thoroughfare may only operate on the weekend before Halloween (October 28th or 29th)
- Existing Plaza partners
- Interested community organizations planning a local Halloween activation
- Adhering to all NYC DOT and SAPO guidance and requirements
- Executing the Open Street on Halloween, including putting up barriers, monitoring them throughout the evening, and taking them down at 8pm
- Partners interested in participating must submit a response using this form by September 27th at 5pm
- NYC DOT and SAPO will review all responses and will approve final list of participating sites
- SAPO will issue a standard permit for all approved sites on October 31st between 4pm and 8pm
- Partners should use the metal barriers they already have
The deadline to apply for Open Streets: Halloween Trick or Street is Wednesday, September 27th at 5:00pm.