Pre-Charge Judiciary Committee SURVEY
This Survey is being conducted by the Pre-Charge Judiciary Committee, a subcommittee of the Vermont Judiciary Commission on Mental Health and the Courts.
The goal of this Committee is to investigate the efficacy of a robust pretrial services program in an effort to divert those with serious mental illness from the judicial system and to identify appropriate emergency placements and other services including:
- alternatives to law enforcement involvement when no crime has been committed
- availability of screenings and assessments and treatment
- availability of crisis focused community beds other than emergency rooms
- diversion from the criminal justice system at the time of the offense
- establish best practices for diversion of individuals out of the judicial system
It is vital for us to hear from a wide audience of ‘first responders’ and people directly involved in the system. Please share your input and recommendations.