CEI Summer Internship Program - High School Students
Program Description and Commitment of Interns
CEI is pleased to launch our curated 8-week summer internship program for high school students. The purpose of this internship is to:
- Provide an immersive experience where participants can explore their relationship with the environment in which we live;
- Explore essential topics such as the health of our waterways and environmental sustainability from a variety of relevant lenses including health, civic ecology, and equity;
- Develop transferable skills in the areas of agriculture, ecology, community development, and advocacy;
- Engage in learning and growth while building interpersonal relationships in a team/community-oriented environment; and
- Help CEI steward Freetown Farm during our busy and abundant summer months so we can achieve our mission of cultivating communities where people and nature thrive together.
The 8-week program will run on Tuesdays and Thursdays from June 28 - August 18. Interns will participate in 5-hour sessions twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays 10am - 3pm at Freetown Farm, in Columbia, MD. Additional asynchronous activities including videos to watch, readings, and reflective exercises will be provided each week.
We are looking for interns that are respectful, enthusiastic, collaborative, have a strong interest in CEI's intersectional areas of work, and comfortable in a farm environment where they will learn by doing substantial hands-on work. If you have any questions about the program, please reach out to our internship and volunteer coordinator Sophie at email@example.com.