The Florida Transportation Plan guides investment and policy decisions for Florida’s transportation system. The FTP establishes future goals – for 20-25 years from now – to reflect the values and preferences of Florida’s residents, businesses, and visitors. These goals shape transportation plans and projects and provide a common vision for Florida’s transportation system. The seven goals include:
· Safety & security for residents, visitors, and businesses
· Agile, resilient, and quality transportation infrastructure
· Connected, efficient and reliable mobility for people and freight
· Transportation choices that improve accessibility and equity
· Transportation solutions that strengthen Florida's economy
· Transportation systems that enhance Florida’s communities
· Transportation solutions that enhance Florida's environment
Florida is a large, diverse, and growing state with many communities and regions. Florida’s transportation system links these regions together into a single state and connects Florida to markets around the nation and world. As our population continues to grow, our economy becomes more diverse, and our society becomes more connected 24/7, the demands on Florida’s transportation system will continue to evolve.
Please help us by providing your ideas about how changes in population, the economy, and our society will change, improve, or challenge transportation in Florida.