First Time Attendee Annual Course Scholarship
The SGNA Novice Nurse/Associate scholarship has been established to financially assist newer SGNA members (less than two years of membership) with attendance at their first SGNA Annual Course. The scholarship is geared towards people who are new to the GI/Endoscopy field to give them a chance to experience the Annual Course and all it has to offer. Grants of will be awarded each spring to those members who meet the established criteria. The number and amount of grants awarded will depend upon funds available.
Scholarship funds will be sent to successful applications by check as a reimbursement after the completion of the Annual Course. All applicants will be guaranteed the “early bird” registration rate if funds are not awarded.
Applicants are asked to respond to all questions and responses should reflect their interest and reasons for wanting to attend the Annual Course. Applicants who apply should be available to attend the Annual Course that year. All information submitted should apply January to December of the past year.
You may be eligible for the SGNA First Time Attendee Annual Course Scholarship if:
1. The applicants must be an SGNA member, preference will be given if you have been a member of SGNA less than two years
2. This will be your first time attending the Annual Course
3. You must currently be employed as a caregiver in gastroenterology and be relatively new to the field, with a preference given to those with less than two years’ experience.
4. You are attending the full course
5. You must actively support the goals and philosophy of SGNA.
6. You consent to SGNA publishing your name and title, if selected for the award, in our membership communication materials.
You are ineligible if:
1. You have previously received a scholarship from SGNA.
2. You have attended an SGNA Annual Course in the past.
3. You are a member of the SGNA Board of Directors.