||5% of survey complete.|
This study examines the predictors of emotional distress and personal growth following a romantic breakup. It has been approved by the Brunel University Psychology Research Ethics Committee. All responses are confidential. You must meet the following criteria to be eligible to participate in this study.
1. You must be at least 18 years old.
2. You must have experienced a romantic relationship breakup within the last 4 weeks.
3. You must have a Facebook account. The person that you broke up with must also have a Facebook account that you have seen at least once.
4. You must complete this survey alone, in a quiet place.
This study consists of three parts:
1. The following online questionnaire, which should take 15-20 minutes to complete.
2. A follow-up questionnaire that will be emailed to you in 4 weeks. It should take 5-10 minutes to complete.
3. A second follow-up questionnaire, identical to the first follow-up questionnaire, that will be emailed to you 4 weeks later. It should also take 5-10 minutes to complete.
There are no potential risks to participating in this research; in fact, you may actually gain some insight into your reactions to romantic breakups. If you have any questions about this study, feel free to contact the principal investigator, Dr. Tara Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have any concerns or complaints regarding the way in which this research has been conducted, you may contact Professor Taeko Wydell, Co-Chair of the Brunel Psychology Research Ethics Committee (email@example.com).
Please note that this is not an informed consent sheet; we are simply checking, first and foremost, that you fulfill the criteria for participating in this study. If you indicate "Yes" to the following question, the informed consent sheet will appear on the next page.