1. The present study is designed to look at levels of participation in three different relationship types (Friends with Benefits, Casual Sexual, and Long Term). for this study you will be asked several questions about your participation in each of these relationship types as well as other psychological measures. Note that this study will include questions of a very personal sexual nature.
2. You are free to discontinue your participation at any time without penalty. You may also skip any survey questions that make you feel uncomfortable, though the researcher would appreciate that you attempt to answer as many questions as possible. Even if you withdraw from the study, you will receive any entitlements that have been promised to you in exchange for your participation, such as extra credit.
3. Participation in this research study does not guarantee any benefits to you. However, possible benefits include the fact that you may learn something about the research processes involved in the field of psychology.
4. You will be provided with a debriefing form at the end of your participation.
5. If you agree to participate in the study, it will take approximately 60 minutes to answer all the questions provided.
6. All data from this study will be kept from inappropriate disclosure and will be accessible only to the researchers and their faculty advisor.
7. The present research is designed to reduce the possibility of any negative experiences as a result of participation. Risks to participants are kept to a minimum.
8. This research study is being conducted by Heather Adams and Joseph Gonzales. Their faculty supervisor is Dr. Luevano, Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychology and Child Development, California State University, Stanislaus (209-667-3096, VLuevano@csustan.edu). If you have questions or concerns about your participation in this study, you may contact the researchers via e-mail (HAdams@csustan.edu, JGonzales@csustan.edu).
9. If you have any questions about your rights as a research participant, you may contact the California State University, Stanislaus Campus Compliance Officer, Lauren Gee, at (209) 667-3747.
10. You will be given the opportunity to copy/save/print this consent form at the end of your participation, or you may do so now before submitting it.