Roundwood and District Community Council (RDCC) is interested to gather the views of local residents about needs within the community that RDCC itself can address or seek to have addressed on behalf of the community.
The aim of RDCC is 'to involve Roundwood residents in promoting the social, educational, cultural and economic welfare of the whole community and to represent the community in dealings with local government, statutory bodies and other agencies to promote the common good’.
The Community Council is a voluntary organisation. It has no paid staff members and receives no core funding. It relies on the voluntary effort of local residents to undertake any activity. Any financial resources available to support activities undertaken by RDCC are raised through its own fundraising efforts, for example The Festival, sale of calendar and applications for grant funding.
The last survey to identify community needs was undertaken in 2002 by RDCC. Following that survey, RDCC has achieved, or been instrumental in achieving:
- the formation of Roundwood Active Retirement Group;
- securing regular visits to Roundwood of the mobile library;
- introduction of traffic calming measures, including speed ramps, and a pedestrian crossing;
- installation of footpath to Áras an Tochar;
- compilation of a vulnerable persons list for the area;
- Roundwood Cardiac First Responders established;
- production of Roundwood Community Calendars;
- organisation of Roundwood Street Festival 2012 -2016;
- Roundwood.ie website and Facebook page; and
- Senior Alert Scheme and Community Text Alert Schemes implemented in area.
The Community Council is again interested to gather the views of local residents about needs within the community that RDCC itself can address or seek to have addressed on behalf of the community.
We would appreciate it if you could take 5 minutes to complete the following survey.
Your response to this survey will be anonymous.