The Gender and Body rights Media Center (GAB) in partnership with OutRight Action International is currently accepting applications to its regional “Workshop for Journalists on Gender and sexuality reporting.”. GAB, a project implemented by The Arab Foundation for Freedoms and Equality (AFE), will conduct a series of training and discussion sessions that aim at identifying and addressing the challenges of journalists, particularly those who report on gender, sexuality and LGBT issues in the MENA region.
This 3 days workshop will take place on 25, 26 and 27 April 2018 in Beirut, Lebanon, and will focus on:
- International and local laws on LGBT
- Non-biased reporting
- Overcoming the language of fear
- Gender equality and diversity
- Protection of human rights through non-biased coverage
To be eligible, applicants need to be:
- Journalists currently working as full-time or freelance journalists/bloggers in one of the following countries: Lebanon, Jordan, Tunisia, Morocco or Oman.
- Fluent in Arabic. English is a plus.
- Aged 21 and above.
For more information about this training, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Journalists who wish to attend the workshop are requested to fill the application below and submit it no later than APRIL 12, 2018 at 11:59 PM Beirut Time.
GAB Media Center