NH DHHS Child Care Operating Expense Reduction (CCOER) Grant Program Application Due Dec 1, 2023 4:30 PM
The Child Care Operating Expense Reduction (CCOER) Grant Program Application
This Application is for the Child Care Operating Expense Reduction Grant (CCOER) program, which will provide direct beneficiary awards to eligible Child Care Providers with the purpose of enabling those providers to strengthen their workforce by reducing operating costs and investing in workforce retention and recruitment.
CCOER funds were awarded under the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (“SLFRF”) established by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (“ARPA”), H.R. 1319, Section 9901 on March 11, 2021, provided by the United States Department of Treasury (“Treasury”), Assistance Listing Number (ALN) 21.027, Federal Award Identification Number (FAIN) SLFRP0145.
Eligible Child Care Providers include:
· New Hampshire licensed-exempt facilities;
· Licensed full day/full week early childhood and/or out-of-school time child care centers; and
· Family child care centers.
All licensed and licensed-exempt facilities are defined under NH RSA 170-E. Interested Child Care Providers must submit completed Applications that are signed and include proof of operating expenses incurred between March 3, 2021 and September 30, 2023, in support of their request for reimbursement.
*Child Care Providers with multiple sites, are required to complete separate Applications for each location funds are being applied for.*
Who is not eligible to apply?
· Programs that are not currently open;
· Head Start or Early Start programs;
· Public school operated programs;
· Part day or part week early childhood or enrichment programs that are not considered Child Care Providers; and
· Summer camps (full or part day) unless it is an expansion of a regular child care program.
Examples of reimbursable operating expenses include:
· Rent, mortgage or lease payments;
· Maintenance/repairs or minor improvements, that include but are not limited to:
o Renovating bathrooms.
o Installing ramps, railings, and other accessibility features.
o Removing non-loadbearing walls to create more space.
o Replacing carpet with linoleum or another cleanable surface.
o Installing touch-free faucets or light switches.
· Building of or expansion of outdoor playground space;
· Programs or services needed to operate the child care business, that include but are not limited to:
o Payroll/Bookkeeping Software.
o Business automation training and support services.
o Materials for play & learning/safe sleeping/diapering or toileting.
· Facility enhancements or programming that would improve the staff experience.
Child Care Providers will be eligible to receive the Grant Award Amount as a reimbursement of expenses that will be determined upon receipt of all applications.
All questions must be answered unless otherwise noted,
incomplete applications will not be considered
Applications must be submitted no later than Dec 1, 2023 @ 4:30 PM, EST.