Maccabi Canada is actively raising money to help fund the participation for Elite Athletes. Availability of funds is subject to the success of our campaign. There is no guarantee that any funds will be available to any athlete.
The Maccabi Canada Elite Athlete Grant is accepting applications from athletes who have competed in an age category of 19+ or older in their respective sport. To qualify for Maccabi Canada’s Elite Athlete subsidy, an athlete must meet the following criteria:
1. Olympic athletes from the most recent Olympics
2. A participant in the most recent Pan Am or Commonwealth Games
3. Athletes who have competed at the highest level in the world (19+ or older age category) in their event in the last 4 years. For example: Tennis players on Men’s or Ladies circuit, hockey players in NHL, golfers on PGA tour, etc.
1. National team players in their age category with international experience
2. Athletes ranked in Canada among the top 10 in their sport in the age category that they will be competing in Israel
To be considered all athletes applicants must be up to date on all their payments*. All applications must be submitted by March 15th, 2022.
Subsidies are subject to available funds. Maccabi Canada does not guarantee funding. Applying for a subsidy does not guarantee that a subsidy will be granted.
*If an athlete qualifies for a subsidy, they will be refunded all 1st degree donations minus a 5% processing fee.