Application for RASKC Dog Walker in Kent
We're very glad that you're interested in helping RASKC dogs!
RASKC Dog Team volunteers use positive-based techniques when interacting with the shelter dogs to encourage long-lasting change in behavior. Through exercise, socialization, and other positive interactions with the shelter dogs, volunteers reduce dogs' stress and improve their chances for successful adoptions.
Volunteer Position Description
· Use positive methods to exercise and interact with the dogs
· Pick up after dogs (feces, toys, balls, etc.)
· Follow hygiene protocols to prevent disease transmission
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Dog handling skills, including small and large untrained dogs, especially pit bull terriers
· Maintain a steady balance
. Ability to squat and be able to manipulate latches, collars, harnesses, and leashes
· Access to email messages which you check regularly
· Make a minimum 50-hour commitment over six months (a two-hour shift per week; time off okay for vacations & so forth)
Note: In addition to a great deal of patience, working with dogs at RASKC may require bending, twisting, kneeling, and walking or standing for long periods of time.
Please answer the first 10 questions below.