Application for RASKC Dog Walker in Kent
We're very glad that you're interested in helping RASKC dogs!
RASKC Dog Team volunteers use positive-based techniques when interacting with the shelter dogs to encourage long lasting change in behavior. Through exercise, socialization and other positive interactions with the shelter dogs, volunteers reduce dogs'
stress and improve their chances for successful adoptions.
Volunteer Job Description
· Use positive methods to exercise and interact with the dogs
· Pick up after dogs (feces, toys, balls, etc.)
· Follow hygiene protocols to prevent disease transmission
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Dog handling skills, including small and large untrained dogs, especially pit bull terriers
· Maintain a steady balance
. Ability to squat and be able to manipulate latches, collars, harnesses and leashes
· Access to email messages which you check regularly
· Make a minimum 50-hour commitment over six months (a two-hour shift per week)
Please answer the first 10 questions below.