The Council for School Leadership Distinguished Leadership Award award program annually recognizes outstanding principals, assistant principals, and school jurisdiction leaders who have succeeded in providing high-quality learning opportunities for students. The awards:
* recognize outstanding Alberta school leaders
* honour creative, innovative and effective leadership
* focus public attention on excellence in school leadership and celebrate leadership excellence.
These principals, assistant principals, and central office leaders are acknowledged by their peers for the exemplary contributions they have made to the profession. The program honors school leaders who have demonstrated excellence in the areas addressed by the selection criteria. The following selection criteria reflect the Leadership Quality Standard Competencies as outlined in the Alberta Leadership Quality Standard.
In the CSL School Leadership Distinguished Leadership Award:
* CSL Distinguished Leadership Award recipients receive a plaque of recognition.
* CSL Distinguished Leadership Award recipients are honoured at a special dinner and ceremony in May.
Thank you for nominating an Alberta school leader for this prestigious award. The nomination deadline for the 2020-2021 award is May 7, 2021. All nominees must be members of the Council for School Leadership.
The awards will be conferred at a special ceremony later this year..
NOTE: IF MULTIPLE NOMINATIONS ARE SUBMITTED FOR A NOMINEE ONLY THE FIRST NOMINATION WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please collaborate with colleagues if needed.