1. Nominees must be 39 years or younger as of February 15th, in the year the nomination is submitted.
2. Nominees can work in the private sector, own their own business, or work for a non-profit or governmental role. In each case, nominees will be assessed on demonstrated business achievements that advance the goals and objectives of their respective organizations and the community as a whole.
3. Nominees must spend the majority of their work time in the Tri-Cities area, (Colonial Heights, Dinwiddie County, Hopewell, Petersburg, Prince George County).
4. Nominees must be an owner, executive, manager, professional or person with significant business decision-making authority.
5. The final 40 under 40 will be determined by the combination of the public vote and selection committee.