An excellent opportunity for an ambitious self-starter to learn and make things happen. Reporting to the Sr. Operations Manager, the Advanced Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for managing the “how to” of new ideas and technologies of new and running product. The position will be working with many different functional groups such as Operations, NPD, QA, and Marketing as well as our Global Sourcing Office.
Excellent planning, organizing and follow through abilities a must. Strong ability to respond and adapt to strategic and tactical changes as required. Advanced Manufacturing Operations Manager will be responsible for the following key areas of Global Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and review capabilities of potential manufacturers, technologies and processes of manufacturing.
- Manage periodic reviews of manufacturer capabilities and present to product teams.
- Participate in core team meetings as needed to help address “how to” demands of product requirements.
- Become manufacturing “problem solver” to meet product requirements by facilitating solutions on-site.
- Source manufacturers in new categories within and beyond the Pacific Rim.
- Support Running line product.
- Ongoing research of new technologies that could be applicable to UB global product strategy.
Must possess excellent verbal and written skills commensurate with the requirement to interface with all levels of management, personnel, business partners, and line management. The employee must possess good interpersonal skills.
Strong knowledge in manufacturing processes such as injection molding, gas assist and aluminum extrusions a must.
Must exhibit proficiency in PC usage including MS Office applications, such as work Excel, and Power Point. Ability to work with Solid Works 3-D Viewer A PLUS.
Ability to Travel Globally as needed.
Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering.