Council is responsible for the implementation of the Hinchinbrook Local Government Area Biosecurity Plan (HLGABP) which covers all land tenure within the Hinchinbrook Shire and has been developed for the entire community.
The aims of the HLGABP are to:
- Prioritise invasive biosecurity matters to reduce impacts and prevent spread and introduction within Hinchinbrook Shire, based on best practice pest management principles;
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of stakeholders involved and provide direction on priority pest management activities;
- Outline everyone’s obligation to minimise the impact of biosecurity risks on people, the economy and the environment;
- Clearly identify resources for effective management of pests and outline the priorities so that resources are managed efficiently; and
- Ensure appropriate management of invasive biosecurity matters and improved scope and opportunities for monitoring and evaluating the Plan.
As part of this year's annual review of the HLGABP, we are seeking advice from the broader community on their perceptions, expectations, concerns and ideas to improve the way Council develops and administers the HLGABP across all land uses in the Shire.
Your feedback is important to ensure that Council and other stakeholders are aware of the community’s views and perceptions in order to meet obligations under the Biosecurity Act 2014, aiding us to deliver better service into the future.
Survey closes 5.00pm Wednesday 6 April 2022.