You are cordially invited to attend the
OPS 7th Annual Human Rights Learning Forum (HRLF)
A Healing Journey: Understanding the Trauma of Hate and Bias
Thursday, December 8th, 2022; 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Hellenic Meeting & Reception Centre, 1315 Prince of Wales Dr.
The Ottawa Police Service (OPS) in partnership with United for All coalition and the Community Equity Council (CEC), is pleased to be hosting the seventh annual Human Rights Learning Forum in recognition of International Human Rights Day.
We will hear from leading experts and community leaders who will share their views on Hate & Bias for the purpose of: Raising awareness about the impact and trauma of hate and bias. A working session will follow in the afternoon.
For more information, visit pia.ottawapolice.ca.
- Dr. Barbara Perry: Director of the Centre on Hate, Bias and Extremism
- Amira Elghawaby: Journalist, human rights advocate and Director of Strategic Communications and Campaigns at the Canadian Race Relations Foundation
- Bernie M. Farber: A human rights consultant, and social justice advocate
- Sahada Alolo: Community Equity Council (CEC) Community Co-Chair and holder of Doctorate in Educational Leadership
- Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Group
- Indigenous Youth Group