2023-24 Fellow Application
2023-24 Texas Public Health Fellowship - Fellow Application
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Texas Public Health Fellow. Please read the below instructions BEFORE starting your application. FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL IMPROVE YOUR APPLICATION AND HELP YOU TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A FELLOWSHIP. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE STARTING THE APPLICATION.
The Texas Public Health Fellowship Team
1. Before starting this application, please review the available Fellowships on the Texas Public Health Fellowship website. Each Fellowship is unique. Fellowship Descriptions for all Fellowships are posted on this website: https://dshs.texas.gov/provider-resources/office-practice-learning/texas-public-health-fellowship/available-fellowships/. Note the name and Fellowship ID# for the Fellowships that interest you.
2. You are able to apply to a maximum of five Fellowships. You will be able to apply to one or up to 5 Fellowships with ONE application. When selecting your fellowship(s), make sure the public health topics align with your interests and career goals. Location alone will NOT ensure a good fit for you.
3. Consider the location of the Fellowship(s) you select. If you apply to a Fellowship that will require that you relocate, please know that you will be responsible for relocation expenses.
4. Each Fellowship is unique with different public health topics, activities, and deliverables. Please Ensure you meet all Required Applicant Qualifications, which are different for each Fellowship. You can find these in the Fellowship Descriptions.
5. Review the Preferred Education Qualifications and Preferred Specialized and Technical Skills in the Fellowship Descriptions. Preferences are unique for each Fellowship. These education and skills preferences are not required. Host Sites have listed preferred education and skills to help applicants understand the skills they will be focusing on during the Fellowship. If you do not have these skills, that is ok. However, it is important that you are interested in developing these skills as you will need to be able to use them during the Fellowship.
6. We recommend preparing your resume and short essays BEFORE starting this application. Please see our website for detailed instructions for preparing your resume, and the short-essay questions. https://dshs.texas.gov/txphfellowship/apply/
7. We recommend sharing the Reference Survey link (https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/895ffda6be9247b9a2e3f3dcb7700a74) with your two references as soon as possible. Please see our website for detailed instructions. https://dshs.texas.gov/txphfellowship/apply/
Accessing Your Saved Application:
You will be able to re-access this application, but we recommend trying to complete it in one sitting. To re-access your application, please use the survey link (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DCXHWFG)